Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Trio of Tapenades

What's better than three yummy-dippy-things to stick a cracker or carrot in? (I love to eat with my hands, I admit.) I also love the briny salty tang of olives, capers and OH! anchovies. I taught a class last week that totally agreed with me. (Don't you just love it when that happens?)

Here are the recipes we whipped up together - all three in the food processor. Super easy - just rinse the bowl out between recipes. Then put it in the dishwasher...done! 

 When you serve three dips like this, along with crudite and crackers or bread, you've got apps covered. Just pop the top on your favorite sparkler and make friends!

Fast Olive Tapenade

3/4 Cup Pitted Oil Cured Black Olives
½ Cup Pitted Castlevetrano Olives
1/3 Cup EVOO
2 TB Lemon Juice
2 TB Capers
4 Anchovies
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
¼ Tsp Black Pepper

Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.

Almond Olive Tapenade

1 ½ Cup Stuffed Spanish Green Olives
¼ Cup Raw Almonds
1 Clove Garlic, Peeled
1 ½ TB Lemon Juice
½ Tsp Lemon Zest
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 TB Capers
4 Large Basil Leaves
¼ Cup EVOO

Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until slightly chunky – taste for salt and pepper.

Fig Tapenade

1 Cup Dried Figs
½ Cup White Wine
1 Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
1 TB EVOO
1 Tsp White Balsamic Vinegar
1 TB Thyme

Pulse the dried figs with the white wine until a paste forms. Whirl the remaining ingredients in the food processor with the fig paste until coarsely chopped.

***With this week I'm moving Meatless Monday to sometime-during-the-week Mostly Meatless. Monday's are the day when I'm prepping Spicy Tuesday Spicy Tuesday at Living and Eating Well and I'm making myself a little crazier than I already am:) So, I'll be posting a meatless yummy and healthy recipe sometime every week! Hope to see you here!

No comments: